ELDORET CITY MARATHON 2021 COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
- Registration should be done in advance at the designated registration points, online or over the phone.
- ECM shall appoint COVID-19 contact persons and response teams;
- Hand washing facilities, alcohol based sanitizers and gun thermometers will be provided on race day.
- ECM will ensure safe environments, carry out regular cleaning and disinfection of venues, associated fixtures and equipment
- Officials, the media personnel and race officials will take COVID-19 tests
- No press conference will be allowed except flash interviews for athletes. Such interviews will be conducted respecting the social distancing of 1.5 meters and more.
- Handshakes, hugs to celebrate achievements during and after events are prohibited.
- Exchange and sharing of uniforms is prohibited.
- Athletes will be gathered in one place prior to and until the end of the championship.
- The organizers will keep records and contact information of all the athletes, athlete support personnel and any other person for ease of contact tracing.
- Any suspected cases of COVID-19 to be processed in line with the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Health.
- There will be signage at every entrance and strategic locations to remind all persons of the COVID-19 measures.
- Body temperature checks shall be conducted to all persons at the time of entry to the venue. Anyone with a body temperature reading above 37.5˚C will not be allowed to access the site.
- Isolation and medical rooms to be availed.
- Sufficient water supply, soaps, trash cans, alcohol-based sanitizers will be availed.
- Seating places will show social distancing.
- Entry and Exit points will be clearly marked.
- Signage about COVID-19 will be clearly displayed at the venue and water designation collection points, junctions.
- Designated places for PWDs and other vulnerable groups will be clearly set.
- All athletes and athlete personnel with pre-existing conditions will not be allowed to participate
- All costs for testing and athlete handlers who require testing will be made by their respective event organizers
- All participants are advised to wear protective masks up until the moment they start the race.
- A significant number of waste bins will be available where the runners may throw their masks
- Runners may leave their clothing at the designated area
- Changing rooms’ accessibility is restricted in order to promote social distancing.
- During the Race, runners are advised to keep as much distance as possible, and follow the advices hereunder:
- Running side by side is considered safe only when there is a safety distance of 1.5m between runners.
- Running in a X format (one in front and the other one at the back and at the left or right) is considered safe only when there is a conceivable distance of 1.5m between runners at each side.
- Running in groups without keeping the above distances shall be avoided at start.
- Wave start, as it is described above, prevents crowding during the race.
- All runners shall run wearing a shirt, which in no case may they remove before, during or after finish and up the moment they have collected back their clothing kit bag.
RACE DAY- FINISH LINE PROTOCOLS
- Runners who finish their race and have rested for at least 3 minutes to bring their heart rates back to normal will be given face masks.
- The awards ceremony will be conducted with full respect to the social distancing rules, avoiding any unnecessary contact and with the presence of the absolutely minimum number of persons.
- Runners will receive back their clothing kit bag from the designated area, having disinfected their hands with antiseptic hand gel or liquid that is available there.